Antarctica is the largest desert in the world on earth, two times the size of the Sahara Desert.
What Are Deserts?
A land area that is barren and where little precipitation happens is known as a desert. Any area that gets less than 10 inches or 250 millimeters of precipitation is classified as a desert.
The 5 largest deserts on earth
- Antarctic Polar Desert: 14 million km² (5.4 million square miles).
- Sahara Desert: 9.2 million km² (3.5 million square miles).
- Arctic Polar Desert: 13.7 million km² (5.3 million square miles).
- Gobi Desert: 1.295 million km² (500,000 square miles).
5. Arabian Desert: 2.3 million km² (800,000 square miles).